Tuesday 4 January 2011

Knitted Top, Straight Skirt and Waspie

The knit top was a success!  Aren't they easy to do?  I didn't bother setting up the overlocker because I was convinced I'd never actually finish it!  I used a small stretch zigzag for seams and twin needle to hem which worked perfectly well, but would definately use the overlocker next time.  I have no photographer today, so photos to follow (probably at the weekend).

I'm sewing from the stash this month.....  Next on my to do list is a straight skirt and waspie; I'll be using the fabrics below, plus notations from the stash.  The wool is dark grey with a chalk stripe, the lining and lace are an acid green colour (didn't photgraph too well late last night) and the grosgrain ribbon ties the project together.  I'll be using a technique I haven't used for a while (Slotted Seams) and am looking forward to making this one! I'll post on the technique later tomorrow.


The skirt is a self-drafted pattern, as is the waspie.  You've seen the waspie here
 
before, but the pinstripe one won't be so elaborate.

Have a good day!






No comments: