Friday 7 January 2011

MPB Sew-along - I'm getting giddy!

I've only ever made Ian a waistcoat and have toyed with the idea of making him a shirt for sometime - and then I found Peter over at MPB - I'm in!

I'm loving Peter's Colette shirt pattern choice, but as it isn't available here in the UK (and my last order from the States was hit with a Customs bill) I'm going to use the following:

McCalls 2447


 It doesn't look very exciting does it?!  But the line drawings show a yoke and different sleeve/cuff finishes so I'm hoping it will suffice.  As it's my first attempt at a man's shirt (I assume we'll be using flat-felled seams etc) it will be made up in a plain polycotton as a starter - I have a lovely liberty print in my stash, but want to perfect my skills before cutting into it.

Grey pinstripe skirt is finished (am wearing it today) and waspie is 95% done - photo's to follow at the weekend - with knitted top.

Today I have mainly been sewing watching "Downton Abbey" on DVD

1 comment:

Peter Lappin said...

Not sure if you're interested, but Leah Taylor contacted me to let me know she has the Negroni for UK customers.

www.sewbox.co.uk