Sunday 16 January 2011

Next project

I've had this pattern for a number of years and made it up once to wear to work as my (then) job as a PA.  I need another smart black skirt so made a start on it today


Butterick 4859
 I will be making the plain version using a lovely fine black wool from the stash.  I could kick myself because once I started to cut it out, I remembered I wanted to use this fabric to make my shift dress with a trim idea I read in Threads magazine last year - oh well, too late now!

1.5m bought from Leeds Market about 2 years ago for £15
It's quite an easy design to put together, so no new techniques on this one.  I'll let you know how I get on in a few days.

In the meantime I changed my mind on the pattern I'll be using for the Shirt Sew-Along and have opted for the recommended pattern which I bought online this morning from Leah at http://www.sewbox.co.uk/.  I have a lovely white 200 thread-count cotton ready and waiting.

We had a good night last night and I managed to nag pursuade Ian to take a photo of me in my knit dress


NOT a good picture of me, I think I was giving Ian orders on which button to press?!
 And Finally...  This is what I found when I got home - warning, if you are of a nervous disposition, look away now, I nearly died of laughter, then annoyance for my poor sheets:


Jack took himself off to bed last night.  Honestly - he had tucked himself in and everything!
That's all for now.  Enjoy the rest of your Sunday evening.

3 comments:

Karin said...

Your dress looks fantastic! Just like the pattern picture.

Oxana Bolgova (B.Oxy) said...

Your dress looks fabulous! Perfectly!

AllisonC said...

I'm very behind in catching up with your blog but wanted to say that your knit dress is absolutely gorgeous and the picture of Jack is hysterical!