British Summer is here, ie it's gone cold. So I need a couple of things; long sleeved, light weight tops and a few casual jackets/cardigans.
To set the ball rolling I used New Look 6982, view A.
This is the second summer I have used this pattern, but made the short sleeved tops last year. The fabric for this project came from my stash (I'm stash shopping at the moment) So I ran it through the washing machine last night ready for this morning. It's a lovely quality light weight cotton with a slight crosswise stretch.
The only change I made to the pattern was to the sleeves. I don't like the bias strip placed on the inside for the elastic, to give the look of that frill, so I just put my elastic into the bottom hem. I made my own bias binding for the neck edge and because I still haven't taken out the black thread from my overlocker I decided to do french seams everywhere (well, there really is only 6 seams!)
Here's the results - on Vivienne again.....
|Inside out to show the neck bias binding and the french seam for the sleeve setting|
|Sleeve french seam and elasticated hems|
I'm working on Vogue 1203 in brown linen next. I started it before the dress, but had to wait for a delivery of zips. Metal ones in 9" are not easy to find!
More later, have a good day all....